Monday, September 29, 2008

The Horses of My Life- So Far!

For me only being 29 years old, I have had quite a few horses over the years. Here is a list of the horses that I have had:
Fancy Pants, Lindy aka Slow Jo, Stoney, Ahab, Pars, Hombre, Pele, Annie, and now my present horse Roxy. Of all these horses, I leased two of them, Stoney and Pele. Yes, I know I was very fortunate as a kid and I still am. Now, that I am a teacher I realized that my parents gave my sister and I all their extra money, since they were both teachers. I feel now that I owe my parents a lot! So I try to go to their ranch one day on the weekends and work for them. The usually, scooping poop or cutting down those ugly Grey Pines, we call Digger Pines.
One day, I will post pictures of most of these horses and I will also give a brief bio of each!

3 comments:

Roger said...

Sarah, I love that you have had all those horses! I don't have any experience with any animals bigger than a dog, but I see the attraction. I too grew up in a teacher-income household, but never felt like we went without. There was always money for music lessons, model railroads, a bicycle junkyard to piece together the latest homemade hybrid, Enjoy your parents company while you and they can!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah! I too grew up in a double teacher income household. In fact, my mother worked at a catholic school that relied on a parent organization to pay her salary (half of a public teachers salary). Like you, I had no clue how little we had growing up. I knew we never had the latest games or toys, but we did not need them. I think my parentals spent a bit of their hard-earned moneys repairing the things me and my brother broke (windows, siding, car panels, gardens, trees, lawnmowers, bikes...).
My father is eligible to retire at the end of this year and he has informed the superintendent that he wants to hang up the baton (both parents are music teachers). Things are more comfortable for them now, but looking ahead at my own life and future family, I see a similar path. My wife is an educator, too.
On that note... my wife is an animal activist/enthusiast and horses are near and dear to her heart. We would both be willing to join you sometime if you are interested in some help. I have never mucked a stall, but I bet I could learn. My wife has plenty of experience, though. Just an offer.
See you Tuesday.

Karen Hatzigeorgiou said...

Wow, Sarah! Roxie is a beautiful horse! I was just telling my 12 year old niece about the horse craze I went through when I was about 10 or 11 years old. I used to save up my allowance ($1.00 a week), so that I could take an hour horseback riding lesson ($4.00 an hour!) Of course, that was before I got into music. Then all my money went into buying albums! Thanks for sharing the photos!