Sunday, November 30, 2008

Pars- The Very Calm Thoroughbred

In this picture there are three horses. On the left we have Hombre. In the middle is a horse that belonged to one of my Aunts, and then on the right is Pars. Pars enjoyed eatting on his spare time, as you can see!
When I bought Pars I fell in love with his face. He had a white heart shaped mark on his forehead! His registered name is Tinsle Town Boy! He was bred to be a race horse, but was too slow.
Thoroughbreds are usually high energy and always needing to be doing something horses. Pars was not this way. My dad, who doesn't ride horses actually road Pars on a cattle drive. At one point, one of the cowboys told my dad he might want to get off the horse and walk him up the hill. Pars was a lazy horse and that wasn't really into putting much effort into his daily workouts. I owned Pars for about two years, this was during the time I was getting Hombre going. I realized after the two years that Hombre was going somewhere and that Pars was just cute! I ended up selling Pars to a lovely woman that was going to use him for trail rides and spoiling him! I figured that suited him best!

No comments: